Fast Felt® Tab Pattern - A Regulated Nailing Pattern for Florida
Fast Felt® for Florida Product: From the State of Florida, Florida Department of Community Affairs, Florida Building Code, Product Approval ... Limits of Use ...
Approved for use in HVHZ: Yes
Approved for use outside HVHZ: Yes
Other: For use wherever ASTM D226, Type II asphalt underlayment felt and "tin caps" are specified
Fast Felt® tabs for the Florida market are designed as follows so that no tab is further than 12" from another.
Please review our Fast Felt® NOA # 10-1118.03 and the applicable Miami-Dade BCCO Roofing Application Standard (RAS) that pertains to the approved roofing system in which it is used.
Certain Product Cost Savings Considerations:
Fast Felt® Product for Florida (HVHZ) and FEMA-Type Coastal Code Areas
For Use Wherever a D226, Type II Asphalt Saturated Felt Underlayment and Tin Caps are Specified
Employing the above described regulated nailing pattern, we estimate that (as of November 2007) the cost of purchasing the tin caps and nails will be about $7.00 per 2-square roll, rounded.
• The tin cap cost component: Our estimates include the estimated purchase price for a 50-pound box of 1 5/8'ths inch diameter tin caps to be $43.00 plus tax and we have factored in a conservative but appropriate waste factor for these tin caps. Additionally, please note that there are 144 tabs per square and the ASTM D226, Type II roll roofing product comes in 2-square rolls.
• The nail cost component: Our estimate for the usage of 1 1/4-inch annular ring shank nails is about a $1.00 per roll. This estimate uses the cost of purchasing a 60 coil, 120 nail per coil, or 7,200 nail box and includes a conservative but appropriate waste factor plus sales tax.
THE INSTALLATION OF FAST FELT® DOES NOT REQUIRE THE USE OF TIN CAPS.
LABOR COST SAVINGS FROM THE FASTER INSTALLATION AND A REDUCTION IN THE WORK REQUIRED ON AND OFF OF THE ROOF DECK HAVE BEEN ESTIMATED TO BE BETWEEN $5.00 AND $10.00 PER FAST FELT® ROLL. (Actual savings should be expected to vary by jobsite and roofing installation crew.)
Florida Certificate of Product Approval #FL 1842 - R1
This is the actual State of Florida, Department of Community Affairs, Florida Building Code web page where you can search for products. You may have trouble getting linked directly to this page. See below.
A Helpful Note to find our Florida approval online:
1. "Goggle": "www.floridabuilding.org" ... and the firstsearch response back from Goggle, at the top of the page, is "Florida Building Code Online".
2. Click on "Find a Product or Application". This will take you to a Department of Community Affairs webpage which will allow you to search for an approved product.
3. Click on the "Year" and select "2004".
4. Type in the number 1842 in the empty box after the letters "FL"
5. Go to the bottom of this webpage and click on the "Search" box on the right.
6. This will give you a webpage with your search results.
The result is only one item: Fast Felt®, approved under "Code Version 2004",its "FL #" (Product Number) is "1842-R1".)
7. Click on "FL1842-R1" and you will be able to view or print our Florida Approval.
Miami-Dade County, Florida
Building Code Compliance Office ( BCCO), Product Control Division
Notice of Approval Information:
The latest "Fast Felt Underlayment" NOA was approved by Miami-Dade County in Nov. 2010. Below is both historical and related documentation, including a copy of the current NOA No. 10-1118.03, approved Nov. 18, 2010 and with an expiration date of January 15, 2014: